Big Coop Patch!
Due to the Glitchy Nature of Multiplayer, I have decided to rework it into a New System, which is a lot more Stable. Allow me to Introduce the Ghost System!
- In multiplayer if a Player loses all their health, they become a ghost and lose half their gold. As a Ghost, you can fly around and still interact with objects, but will be unable to assist players in battle.
- To cure yourself of the Ghost Condition, you must either exit the current map you are in, or be blessed by the Cleric's Holy Cross. The Cleric Can also Bless himself with his own Holy Cross, but only when it is fully charged. When the Cleric is under ghost status, his Holy Cross will not charge!
- If all players get the Ghost Status in a situation where you can not progress (such as an Arena or Boss Fight), you have Lost. At this point, you must reload your previous Save File!
- You No longer lose stats when you die in Multiplayer; This was generally caused when transitioning through another map while a player has yet to respawn yet. This is circumvented via the new Ghost Mechanic!
- These Features only come into play if they is more then one player in a current game session. Singleplayer behaves the same way as before!
In Addition to this new System, I have been able to fix a lot of bugs that were prevalent in multiplayer. As listed Below they are:
- Summons Shadows and Additional Features render as intended when using a Summon in Coop Now!
- You can no longer use Upgrade Items when Transformed. Before, if you used an Upgrade Item while as a Summon/Ghost, you would lose the Upgrade and gain no Benefits!
- The "Undead" glitch of if you resurrected during a cutscene or leaving a map has either been completely lessened or entirely removed. This glitch made it so you could move around during cutscenes such as level transitions and various other instance. The most notable of these glitches was being able to put more gold in the bank while the Money Pile transition occurred, which would soft lock the game. These have all been fixed!
- Overall more stability in Coop. A Game is less Likely to get Wonky now!
The only thing of note I would suggest is I have not been able to Extensively Test this new Coop system due to being only one Person. That being said, I highly encourage those to try out this new system and give me feed back so that I may tweek it!
IMPORTANT: Save Files from the Previous Version will not be Compatible with the Update and will cause issues. You Must start a new game if you want to play with this version!
One Last Thing too; If you want to suggest anything or need tips and tricks in regards to Memoirs of Magic, feel free to join us at the Strawberry Octopus Corner Discord at https://discord.gg/j3XK8M !
Get Memoirs of Magic
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.